Microsoft aka.ms/yourpc is an amazing feature that lets users link their Android devices with Windows PCs. Now you can use your smartphone directly from your computer. Using the aka.ms/yourpc Your Phone Companion – Link To Windows application, one can easily link their phone and PC.
The Android smartphone and Samsung mobile phones are compatible for linking their functionalities with a Windows computer. One can send text messages, answer calls, view notifications, view gallery & screenshots, manage the phone settings, locations, and much more by linking both the devices.
In this article, we are going to share the complete details about the Microsoft Your Phone Application for Android smartphones and how to install it on your device. Know the detailed instructions below to link your phone to Windows using Your Phone application.
Aka.ms/yourpc is used to link an Android device and a Windows PC. This Microsoft feature can only be between Android and Windows devices. Using the https://aka.ms/yourpc feature, one can link their smartphone and PC and operate their phone functions on the computer itself.
You can answer calls, send text messages, view apps, enable notifications customize settings, view gallery (recent screenshots and photos), and much more on your Windows PC. This can be accomplished just by installing the aka.ms/yourpc Your Phone Companion application on your computer.
If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, then you don’t even have to install this app on your smartphone. Samsung phones have pre-installed Microsoft applications on them. If you have an Android device of 7.0 version or higher, you can install the Your Phone application from Play Store.
The Your Phone software for Windows is also pre-installed on all Windows 10 devices. Just go to the search bar next to the Start button and search for the Your Phone app on your computer. Like this, you can easily link phone to Windows using Your Phone app.
If the Your Phone app is not appearing on your Windows 10, then it can be an update issue. Update the Windows OS to the latest version to get the Your Phone app on it.
- Press Windows+I keys simultaneously to open the Settings window.
- Now, click on the “Update & Security” section and open it.
- From the left pane, select the “Windows Update” tab.
- Then, click on “Check for updates” and install the pending updates.
- Now when you search for the “Your Phone” app, you will be able to find it.
How To Install Your Phone App On Android – aka.ms/yourpc
The Your Phone Companion application can be easily installed on your Android smartphones which are fulfilling the system requirements. The Android devices of version 7.0 or higher can install the Your Phone Companion application. Follow the simple steps given below to install Your Phone Companion aka.ms/yourpc application on your Android smartphone.
- First of all, on your smartphone, open the default browser and visit https://aka.ms/yourpc.
- If you are using a compatible Samsung smartphone, then you will be redirected to the Microsoft sign-in page.
- If you are using an Android phone which is not a Samsung model, then you will be redirected to the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the “Install” button next to Your Phone Companion – Link To Windows application to install the app on your smartphone.
- Once installed successfully, tap on the “Open” button to start using the app. Grant permissions for all the asked categories and sign in to your Microsoft account.
How To Link Phone To Windows Using Your Phone App
After installing the Your Phone Companion – Link To Windows application on your Android smartphone, follow the simple steps given below to link both your smartphone and the Windows PC. Your Phone app is pre-installed on Windows 10 PCs so you don’t have to worry about that.
- First of all, make sure both the devices (smartphone and PC) are nearby and are connected to the same wi-fi.
- Now, go to the search bar on your desktop and type “your phone” in the search bar. From the given related results, open the “Your Phone” app.
- In the Your Phone app on your Windows PC, click on the “Add a phone” button to go to the next page.
- Next, select “Android” and when prompted, sign in to your Microsoft account. Make sure you are using the same account as that your phone.
- Now, on your Android device, go to https://aka.ms/yourpc and install the Your PC Companion – Link To Windows application. Open the app and sign in using your Microsoft account.
- If you have a Samsung device, then the app will be pre-installed on your device. You can visit www.aka.ms/linkphone to install the app if it is not there on your Samsung device.
- Next, on your PC, check the box for “I have the Your Phone Companion app installed on my phone” and click on the “Open QR code” button.
- A QR code will appear on your PC screen. Scan this QR code on your Android device.
- That’s it. You have successfully linked your phone and PC using aka.ms/yourpc feature on Microsoft.
How To Check Android Version On My Smartphone
Here, you must know that the Your Phone Companion application has certain system requirements for installation. The “Your Phone” application can only be downloaded on Android version 7.0 or higher. The app can be installed from the Google Play Store. If you have purchased a Samsung smartphone recently, then Your Phone app will be pre-installed on your device.
If you want to check your Android version for checking the compatibility, you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to the apps menu and open the “Settings” on your device.
- Now, scroll down and select the “System” option.
- Then, open “About System” to view the details of your device.
- You can find the Android version of your smartphone here.
We hope this article helped you to use the aka.ms/yourpc application on your Windows and Android devices. A Windows 10 PC and an Android 7.0 or higher device are all that you need for linking your phone to a PC. Install Your Phone app on your device and link both of them to use your phone on a PC. Stay connected with Techly Fire to get more updated posts from us.