Did you get the “Error Code Weasel” while playing Destiny 2 on your console or computer? Destiny 2 players come across this error code, named “Weasel”, on their game every now and then. If you are also here to fix this error, then this post will be helpful for you.
Destiny is an online multiplayer FPS video game developed by Bungie and was published previously by Activision in 2014. The sequel of this game, Destiny 2 was released in 2017 and has been one of the most favorite FPS games for many gamers.
Weasel error code is triggered when your home network is unable to interact with the Bungie servers responsible for the Destiny 2 game. In this post, we are going to explain some effective methods to fix the Error Code Weasel Destiny 2.
How To Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Weasel
The most common reasons for getting the Destiny 2 Weasel PC error include logging into the Destiny game on multiple platforms simultaneously. Below are the working methods that will help you to get rid of the Destiny 2 error code Weasel PC, Xbox, and Play Station.
Restart The Console
A simple restart can do much more than you expect it. Completely shutting down your device and rebooting it in a good way can fix a lot of issues that are going on with both your console and the game applications in it. Therefore, restart the computer or gaming console which you use to play Destiny 2.
- Restart your computer, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS5, etc.
- Once the device reboots, launch Destiny 2.
- If you are lucky, the Error Code Weasel will be fixed in this step.
Check The Router
In order to have your online game run efficiently, you must make sure that your router is working properly and the wi-fi is strong enough. Here are some steps to go through to check your router.
- Check the cables connected to your router.
- Turn off the router and then turn it on after a minute.
- Connect your computer or console to the wi-fi and check if the error still appears.
Replace Bad Coax Splitters
Most people use Coax splitters for internet connection. But, using a low-cost Coax splitter can cause your internet speed to reduce and can result in Error Code Weasel on Destiny 2.
- Contact your cable internet provider and let the coax splitter cables replaced.
- Or you can just buy a brand new coax splitter or cable and connect it yourself.
Clear Clan Invites
A lot of Destiny 2 players have noticed that the error code Weasel appears when they receive a clan invitation on the game. Having a clan invitation on your account can also be the reason to get this error code. So, clear the clan invites by doing as given below.
- Ask the admin of the clan you are in to remove you from the clan.
- Go to Bungie.net and check under the Memberships page.
- If there are any clan invites, join them and leave them immediately.
- Now, check if the error code Weasel is gone.
- repair a crossbow in Minecraft
- www.tjxcanada-opinion.ca survey
- how many people can you follow on instagram
- fix roblox error code 524
Power Cycle Your Device
If you are still not able to fix the Destiny error code Weasel from your device, then try power cycling your device. Here is how to do so.
- Keep your console turned on and press the Power button.
- Hold on to the power button like this until the device is turned off and then starts again.
- Now, go to the Destiny game and see if the error code is fixed.
Destiny App is a useful application for getting connected to your Destiny game. However, unlinking the app from your phone can help you to get rid of the error code.
- Launch Bungie.net and sign in to your account.
- Now, go to the Settings and select “Accounts & Linking” from the left pane.
- Under Authenticated Accounts, click on the “Unlink” button next to your Destiny app.
- Exit the Bungie.net page and launch the Destiny game.
- The error code Weasel should be fixed this time.
Clear Cache On Your Console
Clearing the cache files of your console can really help the Destiny error code Weasel to be fixed. Here is how to clear the cache on your respective consoles.
- Xbox One: Go to Settings -> Devices & Connections -> Blu-ray -> Persistent storage -> Clear persistent storage.
- Xbox 360: Go to System -> Storage. Now, select the storage device and press Y to go to “Device Options”. Click on “Clear System Cache” and then confirm by selecting “Yes”.
- PS4: Turn off the PS4 and wait for it to completely turn off. Once the light disappears, remove the PS4 from the power source. Disconnect the cords on the back of the PS4 console and wait for a minute. This will clear the cache on PS4.
That was all about how to fix the Destiny 2 game’s error code Weasel on any device. If you are getting the Weasel error code no matter how many times you restart your device, clear the cache and unlink your phone from the Destiny app. The methods given in this post will surely be helpful to you. For more useful guides, read our posts on the Techly Fire website.