Fortnite Voice Chat Not Working is a common error faced by thousands of players. However, to get rid of this error, there are certain methods. But before we learn about these methods, let’s take a look over what exactly Fortnite is. Well, Fortnite is the most popular game known in the battle royale genre.
The main significant aspect of this respective gameplay is communicating with the squad. At times, miscommunications result in the loss of the match. This is why the game has taken a step forward and introduced the advanced Voice Chat feature.
But unfortunately, many people are facing an error called Fornite Voice Chat Not Working. Also, we know that if there is a problem, we also have a perfect solution. Hence in the same way let’s go through the fixes and try them one by one to get rid of the voice chat not working Fortnite issue.
Fortnite Voice Chat Not Working
Probably many Fortnite players are facing this problem. The possible reasons or causes behind Fortnite voice chat not working may be due to the selection of the wrong device/ lack of updates/ incorrect controller settings. Well, whatever it might be, but we can fix the problem by applying some methods. Let us go through it now.
- Sign out and Sign in to Fortnite
- Try to Install the latest Fornite
- Update the Sound Card Driver
- Cross Examine the audio settings
- Reinstall Fortnite
These are certain fixes that may help you in getting rid of the Fortnite voice chat not working issue. Let’s go through the fixes in detail now.
Sign out and Sign in to Fortnite
Most of the time sign out and sign in going to work in resolving the troubleshooting issue mic not working in Fortnite. Hence you are requested to sign out initially and then 5 seconds later, sign in back and check whether the issue has been resolved or not. If in the case failed to fix the Fortnite voice chat not working Fortnite issue, try the below methods now.
Install the latest Fornite Patches
Usually, the developers release the latest patch to fix the errors like Fortnite voice chat not working. Hence there is a great possibility that the recent patch which you have used may stop the voice chat. In that case, to fix a bug you need the new patch. So, therefore, follow the below instructions to verify whether a new patch is available or not and ultimately fix the Fornite voice chat not working problem.
- At first, you are requested to run the one and only Epic game launcher.
- The very next at the left side panel, go to the option called the Library. Once after the successful tap, you see the window in the right panel.
- Also, you will find the Settings icon present on the lower right side of the Fornite.
- Then, move the toggle to the right side for “Auto update”.
- Finally, restart the Epic launcher.
- If the new patch is available, then it is going be to be detected by the game launcher and the new patch automatically gets updated successfully.
As a result, run Fortnite again and see whether the Fornite voice chat not working problem is resolved or not. If it still did not get solved then try the below methods now.
Update the Sound Card Driver
Sometimes an outdated sound driver also leads to the issue called Fortnite voice chat not working. Thereby updating the sound driver to the latest version may run the game very much smoother and help in not showing any kind of errors. Hence it is very important to update the sound driver with the latest one. So that you can easily get rid of the problem Fortnite mic not working.
Cross Examine the Audio Settings
Generally, both Windows and Fortnite are comprised of audio settings. At times, everything gets mixed up and results in this kind of Fortnite voice chat not working error. Hence you need to reset everything manually. To do so, follow the below instructions now.
- Firstly, you need to turn off the voice chat available in Fortnite. To do so, you need to navigate the menu located at the right corner of the window. Now click on the settings icon.
- In order to view the audio settings, click on the speaker icon and thereby turn off the voice chat. Finally, click on apply.
- Exit the front window and refresh the screen.
- Now at your desktop, if you have been observed, there is the speaker icon present just at the right bottom of the screen.
- Give a right-click and select the option called sounds.
- Click on the “Playback” tab and choose the headphones/ speaker any based on the user’s usage.
- Tap on the option called to set default.
- Now move to the “Recording” tab and choose the microphone you use. Now finally tap set default.
- Try to speak something to check whether it is working or not.
- If it is available, you see a green color just beside the window.
- Tap on Ok. Run the Fortnite and turn the voice chat ON.
You can also join the squad to check whether the microphone is working or not.
If any of the above fails to work to fix Fortnite voice chat not working troubleshooting issue, try to reinstall the Fortnite by following the below instructions. The steps are as follows.
- First and foremost, open the Epic game launcher.
- Now just in the left-side panel, you see the option called Library.
- Now in the right-side panel, you see Fortnite with a settings option available at the right-bottom of it.
- Click on it and select the option called uninstall.
- As a result, restart the PC and open the epic game launcher in order to download and install the entire Fortnite.
- Once the installation part is done, run the Fortnite game.
Check if the Fortnite voice chat not working issue is fixed. Join the squad once the voice chat starts working.
These are the certain fixes that will help you to come out from the Fortnite voice chat not working troubleshooting issue. To learn more interesting things, keep an eye on Techly Fire so that you can increase your knowledge by learning something new every day.