Article by: Inmaculada Nieto | Last update: April 2, 2022
Several types of over-the-counter medications can help relieve allergy symptoms.
Try an over-the-counter medication
Oral antihistamines. Antihistamines can help relieve sneezing, itching, runny nose, and watery eyes. … Decongestants. … Nasal spray. … Combined drugs.
- 1 How to cure allergies naturally?
- 2 How long does the allergy last in the body?
- 3 What happens when an allergy does not go away?
- 4 What medicine is good for allergy in the body?
- 4.1 What fruit is good for allergies?
- 4.2 What symptoms does allergy produce?
- 4.3 What are the symptoms of respiratory allergies?
- 4.4 How do you know if it’s the flu or an allergy?
- 4.5 What are serious allergies?
- 4.6 What is the most allergic fruit?
- 4.7 What should not be eaten when a person suffers from allergies?
- 4.8 What are the allergic fruits?
- 4.9 What vegetables cause allergies?
- 4.10 What are the foods that cause more allergies?
- 4.11 Why are there people who are allergic to pineapple?
- 4.12 Why does the apple cause allergies?
- 4.13 How to know if the allergy is serious?
- 4.14 How to treat serious allergies?
- 4.15 How to determine the type of allergy?
- 4.16 How do I know what I am allergic to?
- 4.17 What is the name of the blood test to detect allergies?
- 4.18 What is a severe allergy?
- 4.19 What to do in case of anaphylactic shock?
- 4.20 Why does eating an apple make my mouth itch?
How to cure allergies naturally?
Natural antihistamines to reduce allergies
nettle tea One of the fastest! … Apple vinager. Very effective for seasonal allergies since it has anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antihistamine substances. Rooibos tea. … Ginkgo biloba tea. … Vitamin C. … Bromelain.
How long does the allergy last in the body?
Unlike colds, seasonal allergies usually last more than a week or two. If you have some or all of these symptoms and are seeking relief, see your health care professional. Often, a specific allergen skin or blood test confirms which types of pollen you are allergic to.
What happens when an allergy does not go away?
The most obvious symptom of perennial allergies is chronic nasal congestion. The nose runs and produces a clear watery discharge. There may be itching of the nose, palate, and back of the throat. Itching can start gradually or suddenly.
What medicine is good for allergy in the body?
- Cetirizine (Zyrtec, Zyrtec Allergy) Desloratadine (Clarinex) Fexofenadine (Allegra, Allegra Allergy) Levocetirizine (Xyzal, Xyzal Allergy) Loratadine (Alavert, Claritin)
37 related questions found
What fruit is good for allergies?
Citrus fruits such as lemon and kiwi are highly recommended, in addition to apple, banana, pear, figs, grapes, mango, melon and watermelon. Quercetin: an antioxidant to which antiallergic properties are attributed.
What symptoms does allergy produce?
The most common symptoms are:
- Nasal congestion.Rhinorrhea (increased nasal mucus)Sneezing.Tearing and redness of the eyes.Dry cough.Wheezing in the chest when breathing.Respiratory difficulty.
What are the symptoms of respiratory allergies?
Sneezing.Runny nose.Red, watery, or itchy eyes.Nasal congestion.Itchy nose, palate, or throat.Postnasal drip.Cough.Facial pain and pressure.
How do you know if it’s the flu or an allergy?
Sneezing, congestion, and a runny nose are common symptoms of allergic rhinitis and a cold. However, the nasal discharge in colds is usually fluid at first and then becomes thicker, while in allergies the discharge is always watery.
What are serious allergies?
It is a serious allergic reaction that can cause death. It can occur in people who have known allergies or asthma, it can be caused by various substances such as: medicines, foods or insect bites. Symptoms usually present with reexposure to the previously sensitized allergen.
What is the most allergic fruit?
Pinkish fruits, such as peach, apricot, cherry, plum, strawberry or apple, are to blame for 70% of all allergic reactions to fruits. Of course, the ranking would be, in the first place, the peach, followed by the kiwi and the banana.
What should not be eaten when a person suffers from allergies?
In the US, manufacturers must specify on the labels of their food products whether the product contains any of the most common allergens:
- peanuts.nuts in the shell (such as walnuts and cashews)shellfish.fish.wheat.milk.eggs.soybeans.
What are the allergic fruits?
Any fruit has the potential to cause an allergic reaction, such as:
What vegetables cause allergies?
8 vegetables that cause allergies
Carrots. Believe it or not, there are people with an allergy to this vegetable. … Lettuce. … Celery. … Spinach. … Onion. … Garlic. … Spices. … Asparagus.
What are the foods that cause more allergies?
The most common food allergies are to:
- Eggs (mainly children) Fish (older children and adults) Milk (people of all ages) Peanuts (people of all ages) Shellfish, such as shrimp, crab, and lobster (people of all ages) Soy or soy (mainly children)
Why are there people who are allergic to pineapple?
Although pineapple is one of the 15 foods to live longer and better, some people get itchy tongue when they eat it, or it doesn’t feel good at all. This itching is mainly due to the action of bromelain and oxalic acid, two of the components found in pineapple.
Why does the apple cause allergies?
On the other hand, the proteins that trigger the allergy to the fruit can be both in the pulp and meat of the food itself and in the skin of the fruit. In the event that the cause of the allergy is on the skin, as may be the case with apples or peaches, it can be eaten if it is eaten peeled.
How to know if the allergy is serious?
In some severe cases, allergies can trigger a life-threatening reaction known as “anaphylaxis.”
Loss of consciousness.Fall in blood pressure.Severe shortness of breath.Skin rash.Lightheadedness.Rapid, weak pulse.Nausea and vomiting.
How to treat serious allergies?
If you have a severe allergy, you may always need to carry an emergency epinephrine injection with you. Given for severe allergic reactions, an injection of epinephrine (Auvi-Q, EpiPen, or others) can reduce symptoms until you can get emergency treatment.
How to determine the type of allergy?
There are two types of skin tests:
Puncture or scratch test. A small drop of a possible allergen, something you are allergic to, is put into your skin through a prick or scrape. … Intradermal test. It is used to determine if a person is allergic to insect bites, penicillin, etc.
How do I know what I am allergic to?
With a skin prick test, also called a “prick test” or “scratch test,” immediate allergic reactions to 50 different substances can be detected at the same time. This test is usually done to identify allergies to pollen, mold, pet dander, dust mites, and food.
What is the name of the blood test to detect allergies?
The test is used to find out if you have allergies. One of them, the total IgE test, measures the total number of IgE antibodies in the blood. Another type of allergy blood test, the specific IgE test measures the level of IgE antibodies in response to specific allergens.
What is a severe allergy?
General description. Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction that can be life-threatening. It can happen within seconds or minutes of being exposed to something you’re allergic to, such as a peanut or a bee sting.
What to do in case of anaphylactic shock?
When you suspect anaphylactic shock, what you have to do is always call 112 immediately. Whenever it is available, it is advisable to administer intramuscular epinephrine as soon as possible.
Why does eating an apple make my mouth itch?
It is the Oral Allergy Syndrome (OAS). For you to understand, it is an oral and pharyngeal itching that can lead to redness of the lips, mouth and swelling of the tongue after eating fruits or vegetables, mainly from the rosacea family.
Always Check Techlyfire for more how to related post.