Not able to connect your Canon printer to the wireless internet? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. In this post, we have explained a complete guide regarding how to connect Canon printer to wifi connection.
Printers are a bit hard to understand and not many people are familiar with using the printers. It becomes even difficult to enter the settings and networks of your printer if you have not used it before. No problem if you have never used it before.
If you are having a hard time finishing the Canon printer setup for wifi, and even after searching on the web for a long time, you are still not clear, then this post will be helpful to you. Know how to connect Canon printer to wifi easily in this step-by-step guide.
How To Connect Canon Printer To Wifi
There are two major steps involved in the procedure for how to connect Canon printer to wifi. The first one will be installing a Canon setup software and the second one is connecting the printer to the wireless network. If you have already installed the software, then just jump to the second step.
Install Canon Driver Software For Wireless Network
The first thing you should note down here is, you can’t connect to Canon printer with wifi if you haven’t installed a particular software for it. Here is how to install this Canon printer software on your device.
- Open your browser on the device you are using, whether Windows or Mac.
- Now, visit http://canon.com/ijsetup/ website from your browser.
- Click on “Set Up” and then select your region, printer model, etc.
- Next, select your device OS from Windows and Mac OS from the top-right.
- Then, click on the “Download” button to get this software on your device.
- Complete the installation and set up by following the on-page instructions.
- If you have a Canon setup CD, then you can also install it directly.
Connect Canon Printer To Wifi
Here is the second part of how to connect Canon printer to wifi easily. Just follow the simple instructions given below carefully to connect your printer to a wireless network.
- First of all, turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Now, press the “Setup” button which shows the tools icon.
- Using the arrow button, go to “Wireless LAN Setup”, and click “OK”.
- Now the printer will scan for the available local networks.
- From the given networks, select your Wifi router name and press “OK”.
- Enter your password for the wifi and press the “OK” button.
- That’s it.
This is how to connect Canon printer to wifi just successfully. You have to press the “*” button to change the type of characters you want to use for the password. You can press * to change the character lower case, upper case, numerical, or to a special character.
Add Canon Printer To Computer
You have already known how to connect Canon printer to wifi above. Now, you have to establish a connection between your computer and the printer by following the steps given below. Ignore this step if you have already done this.
- Launch your computer and once it boots up press Windows+R keys.
- Now, type “control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters” in the box and press Enter.
- Next, click on the “Add a printer” option which is located at the bar on the top.
- Select your Canon printer and add it to your computer.
- Done. Start printing whatever you want to get in hard copies.
- How to delete imvu account
- Connect firestick to wifi without remote
- 88sears.com associates schedule
How To Troubleshoot Canon Printer Issues
You have seen how to connect Canon printer to wifi till now. Now, it is better to know how to avoid the issues that your printer will face in the future. If any time, you are having any printing issues with your device, or the printer is showing some errors, then you have to fix the problem by troubleshooting the issue.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges are full, clean, and properly inserted.
- Check if the cables of your printer are properly connected and are not damaged.
- Update the Canon printer driver software manually.
- Use the Canon printer scanner application and let it fix automatically.
In this post, we have explained how to connect Canon printer to wifi easily step by step. Make sure to install the driver software for Canon to use the printer on your computer without any interruptions. Also, if you are having any trouble with your printer, then you can also follow the fixes given in this post. Keep reading our articles on the Techly Fire website.