How to stop Chrome from blocking downloads? Well, we all know Chrome is one of the well-known web browsers chosen as default by numerous end users. All thanks to the built-in security tools. Because they take the responsibility to fight the online malware attacks and keep your system safe always.
Sometimes these options may help us. But sometimes, it may block the safe files thinking they are most dangerous for the system. Hence if anytime Chrome, which is the default browser fails to upload the needful file, then it’s time to disable the security settings.
But how? Many people do not know the process. If you are also one among them, do not worry. Because the process to Stop Chrome From Blocking Downloads is shared just below in simple points. Without wasting our valuable time, let’s go through the points now.
How To Stop Chrome From Blocking Downloads
Follow the below instructions now to stop Chrome from blocking downloads without making a second thought. So, are you ready to go through the instructions shared below? If yes, let’s go through the points.
- Firstly, open the Chrome browser on your device.
- Once the web browser opens, you are requested to click on the three-lines menu bar present at the top right side of the chrome browser.
- Now right in the drop-down menu, select the option called Settings.
- Head over the left side panel. Choose the option called Privacy and Security available in the form of lists.
- On the privacy and security page, you are requested to tap on the option called Security.
- Now you are allowed to select the option to say No protection (not recommended). Once you click on it, you see a pop-up displaying on the screen.
- All it asks is whether to turn off the safe browsing option or not. Click on Turn off.
- That’s all!
When you click on the turn-off option, remember you are disabling the browser’s security tool. Make sure you have downloaded the needful file into your system safely which is blocked in previous. This way you can easily stop chrome from blocking downloads successfully.
Once the file gets downloaded successfully, make sure you enable the safe browsing feature again to not get affected by any malware or malicious files.
Different Ways to Stop Chrome From Blocking Downloads
Other than the above process, you can also consider or follow the other ways to stop chrome blocked downloads. Let’s also try these solutions which may work 100% efficiently facing zero issues.
Clear Chrome Web Browser’s Cookies
Clearing the browser cookies on Chrome is one of the best ways to stop Chrome from blocking downloads. To clear the Chrome web Browser’s cookies, follow the below steps.
- Open the Chrome web browser.
- Move the cursor towards the three-dots menu bar present at the upper-right side of the page.
- Select the option called “More tools” present in the form of lists.
- Now again do select the option called “Clear browsing data“.
- Select the time range and select the box for browser cookies.
- Finally, click on the “Clear data” option to clear the cookies.
Wait for a while so that the entire cache and corrupted data washes out making the system refresh successfully.
Disable Antivirus Program
Sometimes, due to the third-party anti-virus programs, Chrome starts blocking downloads. Hence if in that case, try to disable the anti-virus program initially to stop Chrome from blocking downloads. Download the needful file. Once the process is done, try to enable the anti-virus program back again to not get affected by any malware/ trojan/ virus respectively.
Update or Reinstall Chrome Web Browser on your System
Another easy method to stop Chrome from blocking downloads is here. Try to update the browser to the latest version if any update is available. Or else uninstall the web browser by following the below instructions initially.
- Go to the Start-> type control panel as the command and tap over it.
- Select Programs.
- Click on the option called Programs and Features.
- Search for Google Chrome -> Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
This way you are requested to uninstall the web browser initially. Restart the system. Open any browser available in your system. Go to the search bar and type Google Chrome. Right there if you observe you will locate the download option click on it.
- Go to Google Chrome’s official site. Click on the option Download Chrome.
- Once the entire download process gets complete, run the .exe file.
- Now finally you are all set to access the browser for any success.
- If you already have a Chrome web browser and are likely to update, tap on I want to update chrome as shown in the above image.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions and once done you are all set to go!!
As per my guess, you are now aware of the query on how to stop chrome from blocking downloads. If in case of any doubts, make sure to share with us. Because we may help and clear out all your doubts raised while following this process. Anyhow, always try to keep your eye on Techly Fire to learn many more new things you may not know.