How to turn on Instagram Dark Mode: A lot of Instagram users want to make use of this “Dark Mode” feature. But, many are not fully aware of how to turn on Dark Mode Instagram feature on their smartphones and tablets. If you also want to know how to enable dark mode in Instagram, then this post will help you out with the easy steps.
Instagram is a social media platform where a lot of people spend more than half of their day. Scrolling on Instagram is a daily night activity for a lot of teenagers now that the pandemic has put a pause on schools and colleges. A dark mode feature on Android and iOS devices is helpful when you are using Instagram at low light or during night times.
Not only that but the dark mode looks cool & fun and also saves a great extent of power and mobile data on your smart device. If you don’t want your device battery to run out so fast, then you can use the dark mode on Instagram. Almost all Android and iOS devices offer this option on their devices. If you also want to use the Instagram dark mode, then read below.
How To Turn On Instagram Dark Mode
A lot of people tend to think that the dark mode feature is available on Instagram. But, that’s not the truth. There is no way to turn on dark mode Instagram on the app itself. The “Dark Mode” or “Night Mode” feature is an in-built option in many Android and iOS devices. If you have an Android smartphone, tablet, iPhone, or iPad, you can easily make use of the Dark Mode functionality on your device.
Using dark mode is not only good for your battery consumption but is also helpful in reducing the effects of blue light. The blue light of smartphones and computers is not good for health if you are exposed to them for a long time. Therefore, turning on the dark mode or night mode will make sure you don’t have sleeplessness, redness in the eyes, and other health issues. Before you turn on the dark mode, make sure your Instagram is updated to the latest version.
Turn On Dark Mode Instagram Android
If you are an Android device user, then the dark mode is only available on Android 10 or higher version devices. Follow the steps given below to turn on dark mode Instagram feature on Android devices easily.
- Go to the Settings from the apps menu or quick navigation panel.
- Now, find and open the “Display” option from the Settings.
- Then, toggle the button for “Dark mode” to turn it on.
- Exit the settings and launch Instagram on your device.
- The dark mode will be applied to Instagram too.
Turn On Instagram Dark Mode iOS
If you are an iOS user, then the dark mode feature can be used on your device if only it is having an iOS 13 or higher version. Whether using iPhone or iPad, make sure the device is running on the required operating system. Here is how to turn on dark mode on Instagram iPhone and iPad.
- On your iOS device, open the “Settings” app.
- Now, tap on the “Display and brightness” option and open it.
- Tap on “Dark” to enable the dark mode on your device.
- Now when you open Instagram, the night mode will be enabled.
Other Way To Save Data On Instagram
If you are worried that Instagram uses a lot of your mobile data, then you can also try this method. Enable the “Data Saver” on Instagram to reduce data consumption. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Launch Instagram and log in to your account using the user ID and password.
- Now, tap on your profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Next, tap on the hamburger icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- From the given options, select the “Settings” menu.
- Open “Account” and then go to the “Mobile data use” option.
- Toggle the button next to “Data Saver” and exit the settings.
We hope this article has given the complete details about how to turn on dark mode Instagram. If you want to turn on dark mode Instagram, then you must be using an Android 10 or higher or iOS 13 or higher. If the dark mode wasn’t enabled on Instagram even after turning it on, then update your Instagram app and then try again. Keep visiting the Techly Fire site for more useful guides.