If you are looking for an easy and effective method for how to play MOV files on Windows 10, then you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss some easy and quick ways to get your MOV video files to run on your computer.
The MOV video files that are basically generated from iPhones, iPads, and Mac OS devices are not supported to play on all computers. This is due to the lack of features and incompatibility issues on our devices. However, there are still some useful methods that can help us to access MOV files.
Here, we will show you the best three methods that will allow you to play the MOV files on your Windows computer without any worries.
How To Play MOV Files On Windows 10
Generally, changing the file format into a supported format is the best option and is also quick to solve your issues. But, not everyone has that much patience to change the video file format or extension. Everyone needs a quick and easy solution nowadays.
You can still access MOV videos on your computer without changing the format. For that, you will need a right and supported video player to watch the MOV files on your computer. How? Read to know the full details.
What Is An MOV Video File
All the video and audio files that are recorded, saved, or downloaded on iPhone, iPad, or Mac devices are stored in the form of a MOV file. These videos get the .mov extension by default. And, the problem with these extension files is the MOV videos can’t be played on every computer.
Only some Windows computers support the MOV files to be played on their platform. However, there are some hacks for how to play MOV files on Windows.
Methods For How To Play MOV Files On Windows 10
If you are unable to access the MOV video files on your Windows computer, then there are some in-built system methods and also some workarounds that can help you to play MOV files on Windows 10 PC. Follow the methods that we have listed here in a step-by-step format.
Play MOV Files on Windows 10 Using QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is our first recommendation for playing MOV video files on your computer. QuickTime Player is a standard video player for iOS and Mac devices. If you are worried about how to play .MOV files on Windows 10, then the most effective and long-lasting solution is to use the QuickTime Player app.
Here is how to play .MOV files on Windows 10 using QuickTime Player.
- Firstly, install the QuickTime Player app on your Windows 10 computer.
- Go to the drive or location on the computer where you have the MOV file.
- Now, make a right-click on the video you want to open.
- Select “Open with” and click on the “QuickTime Player” option.
- That’s it. Your video will be opened.
However, if you don’t want to install an application from outside, you can make use of the built-in programs and features on your computer.
Play MOV Files on Windows 10 Using Windows Media Player
The default media player supports you to play MOV files on Windows 10. So, it is an easy option to use when you can’t open a MOV file on your computer. The requirement for your Windows Media Player is it should be version 12.0 or higher to play MOV files.
Here is how to play MOV files on Windows 10 using Windows Media Player.
- Firstly, make sure that you are using the supported media player version.
- To check it, press the “Alt” key.
- Click on the “Help” button and select “About Windows Media Player”.
- Check the version of the program that you are using.
- If your Windows Media Player version is below 12.0, then quickly install it.
- To play the MOV video or audio file, right-click on the video.
- Select “Open with Windows Media Player” to open the file.
If Windows Media Player doesn’t seem to work for opening the MOV file, then switch to the VLC Media Player.
Play MOV Files on Windows 10 With VLC Media Player
The VLC media player is a savior for iOS users. Almost every video file on your computer can be played when you choose the “Play with VLC Media Player” option. In a similar way, you can also play the MOV video files on Windows 10 via a VLC media player.
Here is how to play MOV files on Windows 10 using the VLC media player program.
- Right-click on the MOV file that you want to play on your PC, and hover on “Play with..”.
- Now, select “VLC Media Player” and watch the video easily.
- But, if you don’t have VLC Media Player on your Windows 10, then install it.
- Once you install it on your computer, open the VLC media player and go to the “Media” bar.
- Click on “Open File” and select the MOV file that you want to watch on the computer.
If none of the above three methods helped you to solve the MOV file issue, then try this last one. Just change your video file into a supported format such as MP4 by changing the extension. Then try playing the video on your computer. We hope at least this method works for you.
We hope you got an easy method to play MOV video files on Windows 10 computer. Try the Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player, and also the QuickTime Player app to play the files. Most of the time these methods work for sure. But, if unfortunately, you still can’t play the video, we recommend changing the video file into a supported file format. For more related articles, visit our website Techly Fire.