Article by: D. Javier Gracia | Last update: April 2, 2022
Wheat (flour, bread), Barley, Oats, Rye. Olives (olives, oil), Alfalfa, Lentils, Lettuce, Cabbage, Radishes, Asparagus, Carrot, Spinach. Citrus like Lemons, Oranges, Limes, Grapefruits. Mesoamerican product, whose fruit is the prickly pear; has a presence in the history of the founding of Mexico…
- 1 What did the Spanish bring us to America?
- 2 What good things did the Spanish bring us?
- 3 What were the contributions that the Spanish left us?
- 4 What did they bring when the Spanish arrived?
- 4.1 What inventions did the Spanish bring to Mexico?
- 4.2 What did the Spanish bring to Puerto Rico?
- 4.3 What did the Spanish leave us of their culture?
- 4.4 What heritage did the Spanish leave us in Peru?
- 4.5 What heritage did the conquest of America leave us?
- 4.6 What did the Spanish contribute to Venezuelan culture?
- 4.7 What did the Spanish bring to Bolivia?
- 4.8 What did Christopher Columbus bring to Puerto Rico?
- 4.9 How did the Indians get to Puerto Rico?
- 4.10 When did the Spanish arrive in Puerto Rico?
- 4.11 What contributions did the Spanish bring to Mexico in livestock?
- 4.12 What kind of products did the Spanish bring to New Spain?
- 4.13 Who discovered Puerto Rico?
- 4.14 What did Fray Bartolomé de Las Casas do in Puerto Rico?
- 4.15 What happened in 1492 in Puerto Rico?
- 4.16 What contributions did the Spanish bring to agriculture?
- 4.17 What were the animals that the Spanish brought to America?
- 4.18 What did the Spanish leave us in Venezuela?
- 4.19 What were the main contributions to the current Venezuelan culture?
- 4.20 What were the contributions of European culture?
What did the Spanish bring us to America?
The discoverers brought us: olives, garlic, artichokes, almonds, rice, oats, saffron, eggplant, celery, barley, onions, beans, castor beans, ginger, lettuce, lemons, parsley, beets, cabbage, roses, soybeans, tea, wheat , tulips, grapes, carrots and the memorial cafe.
What good things did the Spanish bring us?
Ingredients that the Spanish introduced to Mexico
- Vegetables and vegetables. Spinach, carrots, eggplant, artichokes, parsley, cilantro, radish, peas, beets, cucumber, and lettuce. Grains and seeds. Chickpeas, lentils and broad beans were a notable contribution. … Fruit. … Nuts. … Spices. … Animals.
What were the contributions that the Spanish left us?
The main contribution of Spain to the American continent was the Castilian language, which is spoken by most of America and for most countries it is their main language, as is the example of Panama.
What did they bring when the Spanish arrived?
Ships loaded not only with settlers, but also with animals (horses, ox, donkey, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, among others) and plants (wheat, olive trees, vines, sugar cane) gradually arrived in America. , etc.).
34 related questions found
What inventions did the Spanish bring to Mexico?
Technologies brought by the Spanish in the conquest
- Plow. It appeared around 3,500 years before Christ. … Sailing. Incorporation of animals for the plow: horses, oxen and donkeys. … Modern writing and printing. … Binding. … Incorporation of firearms. … Finance system. … Hospitals. … Julian calendar.
What did the Spanish bring to Puerto Rico?
They brought plants and animals from the West, and released them on the Island. Some of the animals that we can mention are pigs, goats, cows, horses and chickens. The #mongooses brought them to exterminate the rats, however, they also ate other native animals, causing their extermination.
What did the Spanish leave us of their culture?
The mixture of ingredients could not have resulted in something better, the territory that would later be baptized as Mexico brought cocoa, corn, chili, tomato, tomato, avocado to the world, Spain brought meat, wheat, cheeses , milk, oil and vinegar, not only that, from their encounters with …
What heritage did the Spanish leave us in Peru?
The Catholic religion was one of the first implantations of the Spanish in Peru. Gaucho children and European descendants wore the typical costumes of the Spanish: bullfighters, majas, gypsies and baturros. The Spanish got sick and starved, but the Indians could not supply the food demanded.
What heritage did the conquest of America leave us?
-The most important legacy of Spain to America was Castilian and its writing. The majority of scholars and researchers on these issues firmly maintain that there was no phonetic writing in America before 1492.
What did the Spanish contribute to Venezuelan culture?
The Spanish influence was more important cultural examples of it, you can mention the buildings, part of the music, the Catholic religion and the language. An evident Spanish influence is the bullfights and part of the gastronomy.
What did the Spanish bring to Bolivia?
Wheat (flour, bread), Barley, Oats, Rye. Olives (olives, oil), Alfalfa, Lentils, Lettuce, Cabbage, Radishes, Asparagus, Carrot, Spinach.
What did Christopher Columbus bring to Puerto Rico?
Having the ships of Christopher Columbus, on his second trip to America, discovered Puerto Rico on November 19, 1493, he took possession of the island for Castile and baptized it with the name of San Juan Bautista.
How did the Indians get to Puerto Rico?
At the moment, there are two models that explain how these first indigenous populations arrived in the Caribbean during the Ceramic period. The first model is known as “Northward Expansion”, and establishes that populations traveled to Puerto Rico directly from northwestern South America.
When did the Spanish arrive in Puerto Rico?
The current official historian of Puerto Rico, Luis González Vales, told Efe that November 19, 1493 is the date on which it is estimated that Columbus was able to land on the Caribbean island on what was his second voyage that took him to La Spanish.
What contributions did the Spanish bring to Mexico in livestock?
When the Spaniards arrived in America, they brought the horse and, later, when they began to settle, they introduced pigs; then cattle and, finally, sheep and goats.
What kind of products did the Spanish bring to New Spain?
The fleets of New Spain transported European agricultural and manufactured products, and brought back silver and other colonial products such as grana cochineal, hides, tortoiseshell, ginger or cocoa.
Who discovered Puerto Rico?
In 1493 Ponce joined the second voyage of Columbus participating in the conquest of “La Española” (today the Dominican Republic and Haiti). In 1508 he conquered San Juan de Puerto Rico. Four years later he decided to invest much of his earnings in exploring the lands north of Puerto Rico.
What did Fray Bartolomé de Las Casas do in Puerto Rico?
In 1502, after his ordination, he traveled to #LaEspañola, under the authorization of the #QueenIsabel of Spain, arriving on the island on April 15 of that same year. She is she had obtained permission from #PapaAlejandroVI to evangelize the inhabitants of all the lands she discovered under her command.
What happened in 1492 in Puerto Rico?
Puerto Rico Discovery Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Puerto Rico. On November 19, during his second voyage to the New World, Christopher Columbus discovered an island inhabited by some 50,000 Indians.
What contributions did the Spanish bring to agriculture?
The Spanish brought and acclimated vegetables and vegetables: cabbage, peas, spinach, radishes, carrots, eggplants, beets, cucumbers, lettuce, artichokes, Swiss chard, parsley and cilantro, and pumpkins of smaller varieties than the Mexican ones.
What were the animals that the Spanish brought to America?
The animals that the Spanish introduced to America were:
What did the Spanish leave us in Venezuela?
An obvious Spanish influence is bullfighting and certain features of gastronomy. The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela was also enriched by other currents of Antillean and European origin in the 19th century, especially of French origin.
What were the main contributions to the current Venezuelan culture?
The indigenous brought to Venezuela: -Traditions: dances like the mare, mare, healing through plants and some religious rites. -Food: they cultivated the corn from which the flour is extracted to make the traditional arepa. In addition to the yucca they take out the casabe.
What were the contributions of European culture?
– New products originating in America were discovered in Europe, such as corn, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, cocoa, avocados, turkeys, tobacco…etc. The Spanish empire imposed its language, its religion, and also brought with it the development of architecture, music, education and painting.
Make Sure to Follow Techlyfire for more faq’s related post.