Article by: Santiago Pardo | Last update: April 10, 2022
Occupational health is dedicated to studying how psychosocial, physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic factors, among others, influence the worker’s health, their quality of life, their family and safety in relation to work; take care of the health of the worker especially so that he has a…
- 1 What is summary occupational health?
- 2 Who is in charge of occupational health?
- 3 What is the Bolivian Council for Safety and Health at Work?
- 4 What is the difference between industrial safety and occupational health?
- 4.1 What is the difference between safety and health?
- 4.2 What is occupational health and industrial safety according to the WHO?
- 4.3 What is the NTS standard?
- 4.4 What is the field of application of Law 16998?
- 4.5 What is industrial safety in Bolivia?
- 4.6 Who is in charge of occupational health in Colombia?
- 4.7 What are the main areas of occupational health?
- 4.8 What are the occupational health programs and what is each of them responsible for?
- 4.9 What is the importance of occupational health?
- 4.10 What is the importance of health and safety at work?
- 4.11 What is the purpose of the General Law on Occupational Safety Hygiene and Well-being?
- 4.12 What is the objective of the hygiene law?
- 4.13 What law applies industrial safety and hygiene?
- 4.14 What are the NTS in Colombia?
- 4.15 What are the sectoral technical standards for Tourism?
- 4.16 What are occupational hazards according to the WHO?
- 4.17 What is the difference between safety and health and hygiene?
- 4.18 What is the difference between health and occupational health?
- 4.19 What is the difference between health and work?
- 4.20 What are the epidemiological surveillance programs in OSH?
What is summary occupational health?
It is defined as that discipline that deals with the prevention of injuries and illnesses caused by working conditions, and the protection and promotion of workers’ health.
Who is in charge of occupational health?
ARL SURA – Occupational Risks – ARL – ARL SURA – Occupational Risks – ARL.
What is the Bolivian Council for Safety and Health at Work?
– The Bolivian Council for Safety and Health at Work, is the collegiate body that advises public and private institutions, competent in matters of Safety and Health at Work for the formulation of occupational risk prevention policies.
What is the difference between industrial safety and occupational health?
Basically, occupational health is a set of multidisciplinary activities focused on adapting work to the worker’s capabilities; while industrial safety is an occupational health tool aimed at identifying, preventing, reducing or eliminating risks through procedures…
20 related questions found
What is the difference between safety and health?
In short, safety prevents accidents, health and hygiene prevent diseases, and ergonomics prevent injuries.
What is occupational health and industrial safety according to the WHO?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) the definition of occupational health is as follows: “activity that promotes the protection of the health of active people, trying to control accidents and diseases caused by work performance and reducing risk conditions ”.
What is the NTS standard?
The Sectoral Technical Standards for Sustainable Tourism NTS-TS 002 are a functional instrument, which will facilitate the incorporation of certain requirements in each of the tourism companies regardless of their size or level of qualification of their personnel.
What is the field of application of Law 16998?
Scope of application
In Bolivia, the reference standard in terms of occupational health and safety is Decree Law No. 16998, of August 2, 1979, which approves the General Law on Hygiene, Occupational Safety and Welfare.
What is industrial safety in Bolivia?
The main objective of the CPC was to promote the activity of occupational risk prevention in the Bolivian productive apparatus with the vision of: (i) reducing accidents and illnesses originating at work and (ii) promoting productivity in companies through the implementation of good practices …
Who is in charge of occupational health in Colombia?
Occupational Health and Safety Management System – Ministry of Labor.
What are the main areas of occupational health?
Origin of the definition
- Occupational medicine, specialty of medicine. Ergonomics. Organizational psychology. Industrial hygiene. Occupational Health. Industrial Safety. Preventive Medicine.
What are the occupational health programs and what is each of them responsible for?
The Occupational Health Program consists of the planning and execution of industrial medicine, safety and hygiene activities, which aim to maintain and improve the health of workers in companies.
What is the importance of occupational health?
The presence of occupational health in a company is of vital importance since in addition to ensuring the highest physical, mental and social well-being of employees, it seeks to establish and sustain a safe and healthy work environment.
What is the importance of health and safety at work?
Safety and health at work is important for the profitability of the organization, given that through the evaluation and identification of the health of each collaborator, savings are generated thanks to the prevention of illnesses and attendance at work days of collaborators, reducing turnover. Y …
What is the purpose of the General Law on Occupational Safety Hygiene and Well-being?
– It is the set of procedures and regulations of a technical, legal and administrative nature, oriented to the protection of the worker, from the risks against his physical integrity and its consequences, as well as maintaining the continuity of the productive process and the patrimonial intangibility of the workplace. .
What is the objective of the hygiene law?
General Law of Hygiene, Occupational Safety and Welfare DL of August 2, 1979. The purpose of this Law is to guarantee adequate health, hygiene, safety and welfare conditions at work. In addition to achieving a work environment devoid of risk to the psychophysical health of workers.
What law applies industrial safety and hygiene?
Current industrial safety standards
Decree Law 1295 of 1994 = organization and administration of professional risks in the country.
What are the NTS in Colombia?
The Colombian Institute of Technical Standards and Certification, ICONTEC, is the national standardization body, according to Decree 2269 of 1993 of the Ministry of Economic Development (today the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism) and delegated the process of preparing technical standards to each sector that requires it and…
What are the sectoral technical standards for Tourism?
The Sectoral Technical Standards are a legal requirement in which each tourist service provider must carry out an annual evaluation process that consists of evaluating all the applicable requirements and documenting each evidence.
What are occupational hazards according to the WHO?
According to the WHO, “occupational risks such as injuries, noise, carcinogenic agents, airborne particles and ergonomic risks represent a considerable part of the morbidity burden derived from chronic diseases: 37% of all cases of back pain; 16% hearing loss; 13 of …
What is the difference between safety and health and hygiene?
The term security is attributed to the prevention and personal protection against the risks of a specific work activity. On the contrary, the term hygiene comes from medicine and its purpose is to preserve health and prevent people from possible diseases.
What is the difference between health and occupational health?
In essence, occupational health looks at the problem in general terms, while occupational health addresses specific aspects.
What is the difference between health and work?
Work is a right, a duty, an economic imperative and also a form of personal fulfillment. To work we need to be healthy. According to the WHO, health is defined as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease”.
What are the epidemiological surveillance programs in OSH?
The Epidemiological Surveillance Programs (PVE) help to systematically and permanently collect information about the health of the workers, which allows identifying, quantifying, monitoring, intervening and following up on the risk factors to which the employees of the company CES University is…
Always Check Techlyfire for more faq’s related articles.