Article by: Ms. María Carmen Roque | Last update: April 10, 2022
At the head, Teruel, the least populated capital of Spain, which in 2018 had only 35,691 inhabitants. They are followed, in increasing order of inhabitants, by Soria, Segovia, Huesca, Cuenca, Ávila, Zamora, Ciudad Real, Palencia, Pontevedra, Toledo, Guadalajara, Ceuta, Melilla, Cáceres and Lugo.
- 1 What is the most unpopulated area of Spain?
- 2 What is the smallest city in Spain?
- 3 What are the least populated autonomous communities in Spain?
- 4 What are the cities with the least number of inhabitants?
- 4.1 What is the least populated city in the world?
- 4.2 What is the smallest city in the world?
- 4.3 Where is there less population density in Spain?
- 4.4 What are the uniprovincial autonomous communities?
- 4.5 How many uniprovincial autonomous communities are there in Spain?
- 4.6 What is the smallest province in Spain?
- 4.7 What is the smallest city in Europe?
- 4.8 What is the most uninhabited area in Europe?
- 4.9 What is the most unpopulated area in Europe?
- 4.10 What communities are Pluriprovincial in Spain?
- 4.11 Where is there higher density in Spain?
- 4.12 Where is there more density of population in Spain?
- 4.13 How densely populated is Spain?
- 4.14 What is the second smallest city in the world?
- 4.15 Which city is small?
- 4.16 What is the country with the fewest people in the world?
- 4.17 What is the least populated state?
- 4.18 What is the least populated area of the country?
- 4.19 What is the most dangerous city in the world 2021?
What is the most unpopulated area of Spain?
The Universal Mountains (1.63 inhab./km²)
This area that is between three provinces has risen to fame for one of the most unpopulated in Europe. That is why it has been called the Spanish Lapland, a nickname it shares with the Serranía Celtiberica, of which it is a part.
What is the smallest city in Spain?
Frías, the smallest city in Spain. How is it possible that this small Burgos town in the Comarca de Las Merindades has the title of city? This was granted by King Juan II of Castile in the year 1435. An honor that has never been lost.
What are the least populated autonomous communities in Spain?
- The most populated communities are: Andalucía (8,424,102 inhabitants), Cataluña (7,539,618 inhabitants), Madrid (6,489,680 inhabitants) and Comunitat Valenciana (5,117,190 inhabitants). The communities with fewer resident inhabitants are: La Rioja (322,955 inhabitants), Cantabria (593,121 inhabitants ) and Navarra (642,051 hbt).
What are the cities with the least number of inhabitants?
With a population of less than a thousand people, Vatican City is the state with the fewest inhabitants on the planet. It is also the smallest country in the world, since its extension is only 0.44 km2).
25 related questions found
What is the least populated city in the world?
Specifically, Pitcairn, the last colony of the United Kingdom in the Pacific Ocean, has only 50 registered inhabitants, which makes it the least populated country in the world.
What is the smallest city in the world?
Hum, the smallest city in the world.
Where is there less population density in Spain?
Quiñonería, in the province of Soria, is the municipality with the lowest population density in Spain: 0.208 inhabitants per square kilometer, as a result of the barely eight people (four women and four men) who reside in the 38.47 square kilometers that which ascends its surface.
What are the uniprovincial autonomous communities?
There are seven: Murcia, La Rioja, Cantabria, Asturias, the Community of Madrid, Navarra and the Balearic Islands.
How many uniprovincial autonomous communities are there in Spain?
Of the 17 autonomous communities that make up the Spanish territory, 7 are uniprovincial (made up of a single province): 1. Asturias, 2. Cantabria, 3.
What is the smallest province in Spain?
The largest provinces are Badajoz with 21751.05 km2, Cáceres with 19866.06 km2 and Ciudad Real with 19662.78 km2. The provinces with the smallest area, not counting Ceuta and Melilla, are Gipuzkoa with 1991.20 km2, Bizkaia with 2218.97 km2 and Araba/Álava with 3042.44 km2.
What is the smallest city in Europe?
1. Vatican City (0.44 km2) Technically, the small walled enclave of Vatican City is not a country, but a “city-state” ruled by the Pope.
What is the most uninhabited area in Europe?
The most depopulated area in the EU is Lapland and “then there would be the area of Serranía Celtibérica, which if compared at a European level, would be twice the size of Belgium”.
What is the most unpopulated area in Europe?
The Serranía Celtiberica or ‘Lapland of the South’, the most unpopulated area in Europe.
What communities are Pluriprovincial in Spain?
In 8 multiprovincial autonomous communities (Galicia, Castile and Leon, Aragon, Catalonia, the Valencian Community, Castile-La Mancha, Extremadura and Andalusia), the 38 provinces that we call the common regime are at the same time electoral constituencies for the regional parliaments.
Where is there higher density in Spain?
In the map of population density in Spain, the population is highly concentrated in Madrid and in the coastal regions, where it has been concentrating since the 19th century. In Europe there are 33 points with a surface area of one square kilometer with more than 44,000 inhabitants/km2.
Where is there more density of population in Spain?
The highest population densities, not counting the two autonomous cities, are found in Madrid (808.32 inhabitants/km2), the Basque Country (301.22 inhabitants/km2), the Canary Islands (285.44 inhabitants/km2), Catalonia (235 ’26 inhabitants/km2), Illes Balears (222.99 inhabitants/km2), and Comunitat Valenciana (220.68 inhabitants/km2).
How densely populated is Spain?
The population density grew during this period and reached 94.8 inhabitants per square kilometer in 2020, that is, one more inhabitant compared to 2018.
What is the second smallest city in the world?
2. Bled, Slovenia. Bled was founded in 1004 and considered so beautiful by the Holy Roman Emperor that it was gifted to the Bishop of Brixen. Bled Castle is located in the center of the beautiful Lake Bled that borders the city.
Which city is small?
Small cities are considered any urban center with less than 50,000 inhabitants. Regions are defined as an intermediate level of government between the national government and local governments.
What is the country with the fewest people in the world?
1. Vatican City. We return to Europe where the smallest and least populated country in the world is located, where barely a thousand people live. The Vatican is located within Rome, Italy, but it is a sovereign state and the central seat of the Catholic Church.
What is the least populated state?
The least populated states of Mexico
- Colima. Colima. 731 391. Baja California Sur. Peace. 798 447.Campeche. San Francisco de Campeche. 928 363. Nayarit. Tepic. 1 235 456.Tlaxcala. Tlaxcala de Xicohtencatl. 1 342 977. Aguascalientes. Aguascalientes. 1 425 607. Zacatecas. Zacatecas. 1 622 138. Durango. Victory of Durango. 1,832,650.
What is the least populated area of the country?
The Colombian Amazon (as it is also known), is the largest region of the entire national territory, since it covers about 40% of it, but at the same time, it is the least populated Colombian natural region.
What is the most dangerous city in the world 2021?
– This is the result of the “hugs, not bullets” policy. For the fifth consecutive year, a Mexican city is the most violent in the world. In 2021, the most violent Mexican city in the world was Zamora, in the state of Michoacán.
Make Sure to Follow Techlyfire for more how to related post.